Every digital leap forward we make is fuelled by all kinds of can-do. Experts who keep our pencils sharp and rockets firing. Bright, passionate people full of ideas. We encourage them all, as we power a vibrant digital future together. At Nominet we've managed and run domain names that end in .UK since 1996 and we are one of the world’s largest domain name registries - we manage over 12 million unique web addresses and have a mandate to deliver public benefit. Over 3 million businesses, and millions more customers, rely on our domain registry services.
What does an Account Manager do?
Our Account Managers are super-connectors who are the go-to person for all account queries and issues, contributing to the smooth running and delivery of our .UK customer accounts.
You’ll build long-term successful relationships with your accounts, delivering value to the business and driving account engagement of Nominet commercial, technical and operational initiatives. This will give you the opportunity to work on a mix of planning and delivering commercial initiatives, outreach promotions, partner meetings, amongst others. Collaboration and communication will be key in this role, to ensure that requests are dealt with in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
Closing date: 13th September
What we expect from an Account Manager
- Successful delivery of commercial performance for assigned accounts
- Manage assigned accounts providing a single point of contact and overview of the account internally and externally
- Ensure an excellent understanding of the industries in which your assigned accounts operate and the relevant key stakeholders
- Work with the team to influence the short and long term strategies for revenue growth, sharing customer needs and wants
- Ensure each assigned account has a tailored development plan where necessary to improve performance
- Gain an excellent understanding of our customers’ challenges and work with them to meet their requirements
- Deliver market intelligence and insight as the basis for giving advice and identifying trends
- Develop and continually sustain excellent working relationships with all assigned accounts at all levels
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations are required
- Maintain up to date, useful, useable information in the company CRM system
- Makes sure clients receive requested products and services in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service
The skills and experience you bring…
- Previous sales and/or account management experience
- Proven experience of building long-term successful customer relationships
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills, professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- A track record of working to and meeting objectives
- Flexible and professional attitude and ability to influence people at various levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and convey commercial and technical information
- Confident in discussing technical and operational issues and aware of their impact on commercials
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
- Ability to undertake some UK and international travel