Customer Success Manager
What does a Customer Success Manager do?
As a Customer Success Manager team you will be responsible for the renewal, retention, and overall experience of the Government customer base of our Cyber Security product.
Working with major Government departments both in the UK and globally, you will build strong relationships across your accounts and your time will be spent in face-to-face meetings, building relationships and being the first port of call for key accounts.
As Customer Success Manager you will work closely across many company departments and will be focused on delivering an overall excellent customer experience, seeking out both cost saving and commercial opportunities, and ensuring we protect and grow our renewable revenue.
Closing date: 3rd July
What we expect of a Customer Success Manager
- Build long term, sustainable, relationships with our clients in order to support revenue growth
- Support the Sales team and the customer along the sales journey to ensure a smooth transition from sales to support.
- Monitor service management procedures in line with industry best practice, and recommend improvements where necessary (primarily, but not solely focusing on Service Support, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Release Management and Configuration Management)
- Work alongside the sales and service teams in order to develop customer accounts, improving efficiencies and highlighting new business opportunities
- Proactively identify any renewal risk, negotiating win-win solutions to retain the business
- Be a customer advocate within the business, proactively seek and record meaningful feedback in order to recommend improvement
- Be a key adviser on the technical development of the Nominet service platforms communicating effectively across the company
- Use data to plot trends that provide insight and evidence of how our service is performing in a useful format for clients
- Lead on understanding and translating clients’ requirements for new service functionality and champion these new services within the business through to delivery
- Identify potential problems before they impact service levels and seek out innovative solutions to any issues
- Co-ordinate additional resource as needed to help resolve issues, and manage any upward escalations as needed, influencing upstream as necessary
- Be accountable for ensuring any operational and business issues surrounding service delivery are managed, and escalated where necessary to the correct owners
- Understand system documentation and ensure processes and procedures are fit for purpose and up to date
- Help customers plan and understand the best ways to utilize their software or products based on the customer’s business needs or business plans.
- Ensure relevant management information is produced for services in accordance with targets, including regular Service Reports fit for a regular Service Review
- Seek to deliver best practice in all areas of organisation, process and procedure around operational, hardware, software and infrastructure elements in delivering the service, building on existing Nominet practices and methodologies, but aiming to deliver improved compliance with ISO20000 and ISO27001 best practice
The skills, experience and behaviours required
- Experience in dealing with customers and a track record of adding value through customer relationships
- Preferably a service management background
- Experience of mapping an account and retaining revenue
- Ability to communicate and network through client organisations, as well as internal departments
- Knowledge and understanding of technology and cyber market
- Flexible and able to collaborate well across the organisation
- Credible in understanding of our clients’ business plans and objectives
- Meet targets through delivery timelines and satisfaction scores
- Ability to manage and proactively engage to reduce friction
- Always strive for improvement
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities