Cyber Communications Lead
As Cyber Communications Lead you will offer dedicated support to the Cyber team, spearheading a proactive thought leadership campaign to ensure Nominet and its spokespeople make impactful contributions to the major cyber industry debates, and secure media coverage that underlines our credibility as a Cyber provider.
In this role you will work closely with the Communications manager, and colleagues in the cyber team, to deliver a programme that builds awareness of Nominet and generates momentum around our cyber proposition, helping capitalise on the news agenda, delivering four research based campaigns per year, and ensuring a consistent presence in US media.
As Cyber Communications Lead you will be required to bring the ‘outside in’- informing the business of the latest developments, opinions, and opportunities in cyber, ensuring our competitors are monitored, latest debates factored into our thinking, ensuring our interventions are forward-thinking, well informed and insightful.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Communications/ PR expert to help a trusted company, operating at the heart of the internet, make its mark as a credible player in the cyber market.
- Deliver a proactive, strategic Cyber thought leadership and comms plan that delivers for Nominet, focusing resources on campaigns and activities that will have the greatest impact.
- Ensure the business is informed about key research, developments and competitor activity, and be responsible for ensuring Nominet makes an appropriate and impactful contribution.
- Commissioning, publishing and amplifying cyber research 4 x per annum (responsible for production of reports, visual assets, presentation, writing white papers, engagement plans.
- Maintain calendar of key cyber events, and weekly Cyber dashboard.
- Identify and manage set piece opportunities, ensuring spokespeople/presenters are well-briefed.
- Manage US agency to deliver strong media coverage.
- Ensure high-quality, timely, well-informed briefings/research and assets are available on a number of key topics.
- Work with Communications manager to ensure library of messaging, stats, Q&A and materials to support outreach reflects latest intelligence and research.
- Manage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to bring together views in areas that will develop and promote Nominet’s objectives.
- Ensure internal stakeholders are updated on progress, and key developments are communicated company-wide.
- Confident and credible communicator with first-rate written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen to, and understand different perspectives when developing comms approaches, combined with influencing skills.
- Strong analytical, drafting skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise conflicting tasks, with initiative to identify and manage risks.
Professional skills, background and profile:
- Understanding of cyber-security landscape, ideally from a commercial perspective.
- Signficant experience developing and managing communication campaigns for cyber audiences
- An intelligent team player
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Shows initiative and happy to take a hands on approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good strategic awareness
- Displays a genuine interest in the Internet
- Able to develop a rational and supportive argument