The data analyst will provide intelligence from the data that meets the needs of customers across the business and externally.
The role will be part of the technical data team and will support as appropriate on any data requirements. This role will require a strong
understanding of business processes.
- Work with customers across the business including the commercial business partners to identify data related problems and drive new initiatives and resolution of issues for the customers.
- Bring value to business processes through the effective evaluation of business data
- Recommend interim and strategic solutions that resolve the root causes and symptoms of business issues.
- Create and present detailed reports to a variety of different internal audiences
- Using existing Business Intelligence tools and SQL queries develop reports that can be used for analysis and presentation.
- Produce ad hoc and MI reports as required
- Work with technical data team and beyond to ensure effective and efficient use of data and to create enthusiasm and commitment to data improvement activities.
- Proactively spot opportunities to improve use of data and ability to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Gain an excellent understanding of our channel’s data, support the Registry Services team in supporting their customers, working to find the best solutions to data records for this area.
- Can interact confidently with senior stakeholders across the business.
- Develop and promote effective working relationships with all internal customers, the tech team and any key external customers.
- Drive projects at pace and deliver quality solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to be assertive yet diplomatic as required
Key results / Outputs and deliverables:
- Deliver effective data solutions that meet the customer need in a timely manner.
- A key member of the data team who adds value across multiple data projects.
- Produces data analysis that enables change and helps move the business forward in a measurable way.
- Produces analysis where the quality of data is robust and highly trusted.
- Effective decision making, planning, delegation and team building.
- Timely reporting of information to technical team, customers and stakeholders
Professional skills, background and profile:
- A wide knowledge and understanding of data collection methodologies, analysis, principles and techniques.
- Experience of MI/reporting and analysis tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of working with data warehouses is an advantage
- Ability to present complex information in a clear way.
- Flexible with ability to thrive on tight deadlines and to work at pace and effectively solve problems.
- Excellent team player.