Dev Ops Engineer
As part of the New Product and Business Development team you will work closely with other engineers to deliver new features, products and services to Nominet’s customers. You will lead on the deployment of products into the cloud and leverage modern CM technologies. You will ensure best practice is adhered to by the rest of the team and take ownership of the security, reliability and stability of cloud deployments.
- Lead on deployment, management and maintenance of new cloud based products e.g. turing.
- Drive development of new product features where required.
- Deliver implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile working environment.
- Advising the Tech Lead and customer facing individuals to ensure new products and features are deployed safely in a timely and effective manner.
- Delivering high quality, professional support to Nominet’s customers.
- Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, and configurations. Advocate, educate and build consensus.
- Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
- Planning ahead: ensuring that resources are in place to deliver client projects/new releases and services.
- Troubleshooting through live issues. Ensuring client problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates with a positive attitude at all levels with broader influence both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance proactively.
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach. Be a ‘go to’ person.
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively plan ahead, lead on problem resolution and proactively use initiative.
- High level of service delivered based on internal feedback and infrastructure implemented as part of product roadmaps.
- On time and on budget project delivery.
- Collaborative, productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Self starter, with drive, determination and a can do attitude.
Professional skills, background and profile
- Intimate knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience of at least one CM (Configuration Management) technology: Puppet, Chef, Docker etc.
- Exposure to tools such as Vagrant.
- Excellent Linux administration knowledge.
- Excellent networking and security background.
- Some familiarity with Java would be beneficial.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Knowledge of scripting.
- Experience of CI (Continuous Integration)
- Superb interpersonal communication skills.
- Vision, drive and passion: someone who’s prepared to get the job done.
- Some knowledge of SQL is desirable but not essential.