Finance Assistant - Contract 3 Months
Every digital leap forward we make is fuelled by all kinds of can-do. Finance, legal and HR. Operations, customer services and marketing.
Experts who keep our pencils sharp and rockets firing. Bright, passionate people full of ideas. We encourage them all, as we power a vibrant
digital future together.
Right now we're looking for a...Temporary Finance Assistant for approximately 3 months.
- Maintenance of Nominet’s purchase ledger. Ensuring all invoices are correctly authorised, coded and input into the accounting system.
- Reconciling all invoices to purchase orders and supplier statements. Set up of new supplier accounts.
- Preparation of purchase ledger payment run and other payments, including the setup of these payments in the banking system. Ensuring that all such payments are presented in a timely manner for authorization and then promptly recorded in the purchase ledger.
- Monitor and record direct debit payments.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register, which involves entering new fixed assets under the correct category and depreciation period, processing asset disposals and ensuring the fixed asset register reconciles to the nominal ledger.
- Generate sales ledger invoices and process sales ledger receipts
Professional skills, background and profile:
- Purchase ledger experience
- Good general IT literacy (Excel, Word, and the use of e-mail)
- A good knowledge of general accountancy procedures
- Previous experience of Sage200 accountancy software an advantage