Procure to Pay process owner responsible for the maintenance of an up to date and accurate purchase ledger. Finance owner and ambassador for the PO system responsible for the administration and use in the business and training. Preparation of cost centre month end figures, review with cost centre managers to understand their spend and forecast. Providing weekly or monthly financial reports and analysis for use by the Finance Business partner.
- Owner of Nominet’s purchase ledger (including UK, Trust and US) delivering optimal processes that are documented and adhered to. Ensuring accurate payment of invoices within our payment terms.
- PO system management including user set up, authority levels and account code/cost center set up for new starters and data cleansing
- Deliver training to drive better utilization across the business.
- Owner for the procure to pay process responsible for identifying and driving efficiency across our processes.
- Review and approval of all invoice payments to suppliers ensuring accurate and timely payments being made. Responsible for approving the set up setting up new suppliers
- Finance lead with smaller cost centre analysis and preparation of monthly cost reports with more detailed transactional reports where necessary in order to lead the monthly review meetings with the relevant cost centre managers.
- Responsible for the billing and credit control for new business sales in line with the contract.
- Producing the Capex reporting requirements for monthly management accounts (by project)
- Preparation and posting of accurate project cost accounting re-charge journals in line with project accounting guidelines and month end timetable.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ad hoc cost analysis as and when required.
- Driving process improvements across all direct activities where possible.
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognizes areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
- They will be able to take responsibility for all aspects of their role and deliver information to meet required timelines.
- Attention to detail is particularly important, as is pride in the accuracy and quality of financial processes, reports and reconciliations.
- Systems and analysis skills are also important
- A flexible and adaptable approach is expected, with team-working another important aspect of the role.
Professional Skills, Background & Profile
- Part qualified Accountant
- Purchase ledger experience
- Can demonstrate driving process improvements
- Proficient in Sage accountancy software
- Good communication skills
- A good knowledge of general accountancy procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills. A team player.
- High degree of IT literacy including advanced excel skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work to deadlines/under pressure
- Previous experience of Cognos Tm1 or similar business information tools desirable.
- Experience of managing a small team