General Description of role:
Imagine working for one of the internet’s biggest and most influential names; for a company built on innovation, collaboration and social responsibility. You’ve just imagined working for Nominet.
You will have a vital role within the Front-End and E-commerce team, building cutting-edge and robust Angular web applications utilised by millions of users.
- Develop complex web applications written in Angular (2+)
- Build intuitive user interfaces that adhere to the best in UI/UX standards.
- Be responsible for the implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant code within an agile working environment.
- Be mindful of software engineering patterns and paradigms.
- Enjoy working within a team of enthusiastic and engaged software developers, collaborating closely on projects.
- Be happy to learn new frameworks as required, and maintain a knowledge in current web development trends and general directions.
- Monitor the technology platform closely, ensuring that obsolete technologies and practices are deprecated and new opportunities are adopted where appropriate.
- Liaise with the wider business, key stakeholders and outside customers, prioritising work from across the company and managing expectations.
- Deliver key projects and meet service level agreements.
- See the Big Picture
- Stay Connected
- Make the Right Call
- Be at your Best
- Give Your All
Key results / Outputs and deliverables
- Develop new features, modules and applications that keep the .UK infrastructure running, along with our gTLD registry systems.
- Deliver new projects and tasks when required.
- Write modular and testable code.
- Be a mentor to junior team members on development best-practices, and ensure all front-end code is fitting of Nominet’s standards and reputation
Professional skills, background and profile
- Demonstrable experience building rich, complex user interfaces.
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, along with package builders (Grunt, Gulp), CSS Pre-processors (SASS), and web frameworks (Babel).
- Confident working with internal and external stakeholders and customers, ascertaining requirements and gathering feedback.
- Strong familiarity and experience using GIT for version control.
- A thorough understanding of AJAX and current web standards, trends, patterns, and mobile-first design.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with PHP, CMS development (Wordpress, Drupal) highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Comfortable using graphical software such as Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator.