Head of Marketing and B2C
What does the Head of Marketing & B2C do?
Set the strategic direction for marketing the .uk and GTLD’s registry activity. Drive the demand for Nominet’s new and emerging Registry Solutions Products and Services. Take proactive ownership of the product portfolio, using commercial acumen to shape GTM strategies and optimise revenues.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH JUNE 2019
What do we expect of the Head of Marketing & B2C?
- Develop and implement the marketing and communication strategies for Core, RSP and Public Benefit
- Accountable for successful execution of all marketing campaigns, delivering ROI and ongoing optimisation
- Take proactive ownership of the core business product portfolio, building a suite of coherent new products & services aimed at micro and small businesses and sold via TheUKDomain NP&S to be a mix of buy, build, white label/partner and web site monetisation
- Deliver defined financial KPIs
- Oversee the monetisation of TheUKDomain website to create an incremental revenue stream. Source new partners and effectively manage these to ensure retention, oversee third party ad placement and affiliate marketing
- Ensure content is optimised and key metrics are maintained and increased (sessions, email sign-ups and organic traffic) to attract third party partnerships
- Devise, brief and publish relevant market and customer research to inform commercial decisions and future strategy
- Gather competitor analysis, track market trends, etc. and interpret results and share insight across the business
- Manage all product PR initiatives, from concept through to campaign delivery and ensure effective measurement of ROI
- Manage relationships and budgets with agencies and suppliers where necessary
- Oversight of marketing budget to ensure spend is within defined financial plans and that resources are targeted to achieve business priorities
- Be an inspirational leader, working with others within the team to influence and deliver the marketing strategy
What skills, experience & behaviours we look for?
- Preferably educated to degree level, with marketing / business / technical degree and / or professional marketing qualification
- Proven product marketing skills and experience in product management
- Accomplished people manager and inspirational leader
- Demonstrable time and budget management capabilities
- Understanding external stakeholder relationships and developing these
- A key influencer at senior level
- Business awareness and knowledge of the technology and Internet marketplace or the SME sector
- Innovative and have the ability to challenge and test established thinking
- Commercial acumen, experience sourcing partnerships and new products and services
- Analytically minded with the ability to analyse data / research
- Striking the right balance between having courage in their ideas and thoughts but also listening to the wider business
- Accomplished presenter and credible thought leader in the business