HR Operations Manager
The HR Operations Manager will drive continuous improvement across our HR operations, ensuring the highest integrity, accuracy and quality of our HR systems, administration, HR service, process and policy maintenance as well as providing insightful analysis of our people data.
You will leverage technology to ensure a culture of continuous improvement is embedded across the way we work providing an efficient and effective HR service to our customers whilst managing the the smooth integration of new policy, systems and practice across the business working in partnership with the HR Business Partner team.
You will utilise your systems, process and analytics expertise plus general business acumen across the employee lifecycle to build appropriate HR processes, analytics and associated advisory services that support business decisions, drive business performance and ensure satisfied customer service is delivered through the team.
You will be passionate about applying a customer centric approach to our HR service – ensuring a right first time approach. Able to think commercially, providing concise/ compelling story-telling using data and actionable insights that support the business partners to shape people related initiatives or decisions that improve and enhance performance.
What we expect from the HR Operations Manager
HRIS System Management
- Support and drive the development of the HR system and ongoing maintenance (Success Factors)
- Deliver and anticipate a timely response to HRIS problems as Super User, involving our systems partners, internal IT and HRBPs and updating system documentation as needed
- Coordinating with the support of the HRBP and internal IT to consider the system change release roadmap and the impact on our HR system and processes
- Engage with SAP support groups to ensure we are informed and aware of future enhancements and contributing towards the future development of the system
Metrics & Insight provision
- Establishing and maintaining a governance framework and vision for HRIS Data and MI.
- Preparation of HR dashboard, using analytic functions with our HR systems and Excel
- Producing ad hoc reports as required to drive business decisions and insight for the HRBPs
Operational HR Service Provision
- Proactively take the lead to ensuring a continuous improvement approach and mindset is instilled across our HR service provision – eg FAQ’s, customer queries and challenges
- Create and maintain a governance structure for HR admin, system and filing as well as provision of effective audit processes
- Ensure all HR policies and practices are fit for the future and that we capture the organisation's culture whilst adhering to nest practice and employment law and future legislation.
- Develop gap analysis and recommendations for any necessary improvement to ways of working, policy and process
- Ensure our data and filing is updated and maintained to the highest standard in line with GDPR requirement and that we provide accurate and relevat information to our customers at all times
Employee Lifecycle data management support
- Provide structured and organised data management support for key annual HR activities including the engagement survey, pay review and end of year performance processes
The skills, experience and behaviours you bring...
- Substantial experience in an HR data / systems role; CIPD qualification desirable
- Experience of generating and delivering reporting and analytics (e.g. in PowerPoint and Excel)
- Demonstrable experience of preparing management information and business intelligence reports (including manipulation of spreadsheets)
- Experience of updating policies, providing recommendations on amendments to existing policies
- Experience of creating governance frameworks
- Structured and rigorous planning capabilities to support data driven project activities
- Experience of leading teams either via direct line management responsibility or indirectly via project activities
- Naturally curious about their area of work with the ability to research, analyse and reason logically. With the outcome of successfully expressing their work and decision making process to HRBPs and wider business
- Experience working effectively in teams
- Task and results focussed
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with changing priorities