Internal Support Analyst
You will be part of an enthusiastic highly skilled team supporting end users and a variety of systems including Desktop, Telephony and Window Servers estate. Working as the 1st – 3rd Line Support analyst, your role will also include associated and actively testing new technologies against improving current systems. You will also provide daily support to all end users as well as remote support at remote sites.
- Implementation and support of Window Servers and desktop platforms, taking ownership of 1st – 3rd Line IT Support issues, maintaining the integrity and availability of the Infrastructure.
- Administrator support of SharePoint/Cloud, Cisco CUCM or Equivalent i.e. (Avaya). ServiceNow or ITSM CRM is desirable.
- Providing remote support to Hub sites when necessary
- Incident Management: Ensure that incidents are resolved at 1st -3rd line level in a timely manner to meet the defined Service levels.
- Proactively help resolve help desk tickets (using ServiceNow). Promote the resolution of incidents to the IS Service Desk where possible and escalate issues to 4th line support or external service providers as necessary
Other responsibilities include:
- To follow the change management process to ensure changes to the Desktop infrastructure follows the agreed process and do not cause unplanned outages.
- To participate as a project resource as and when required to provide desktop support and where required deliver the solution within agreed timescales
- Responsibilities will include providing desk side support, administration, installations & moves etc. providing 1st-2nd line support, in response to incidents and requests.
- Adhere to the IS incident, problem, change, configuration and project management processes to meet agreed Service Level Targets. This may require some out of hours working and occasional travel to other offices in support of the IT infrastructure.
- AV Console management i.e. Kaspersky/Sophos
- Device encryption : Bitlocker for windows devices and File Vault for Macs
- Printer hardware support and remote management
- All the above stated but not limited to escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment “assets” and users are maintained in ServiceNow
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with ISO20000
- Providing support for MAC, PCs and IPhone/IPad devices
- Work within an ITIL/ISO 20000 and 20001 framework to preserve vital production services and produce appropriate documentation. Maintaining our in-team SOP documentation and knowledge base when necessary
- Assist with daily routine checks which involve SCOM monitoring checks and also Monthly data restore testing
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
- Able to demonstrate Nominet’s values: Integrity, Courage, Accountability and Performance
Key results / Outputs and deliverables
- Performing support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Assist in monitoring the Internal support queue providing triage before assigning tickets internally to the relevant teams
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Apply all Nominet brand values when dealing with daily duties
Professional skills, background and profile
- Have a desire to learn new technologies and has a demonstrable interest in IT as a whole
- Have worked with a variety of technical devices and have a professional understanding of technology
- Have a friendly approachable manner
- Have the ability to communicate at all management levels
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in using and supporting Active Directory
- Windows laptop imaging
- Office 365
- Knowledge and Understanding of ITIL processes
- MCSE/MCP or an equivalent Microsoft certification
- Cisco call manager
- SharePoint 2012