Java Developer - Back-End
As a Java Developer working in the New Product and Business Development (NPBD) team you will be a passionate team player that thrives on delivering challenging projects in a fast-paced environment.
Collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for development of the Java component of Nominet’s ground-breaking DNS Analytics and Threat Intelligence Platform: turing.
You will design, develop, release and maintain our software and systems architecture, enabling the highest possible quality of service for Nominet’s customers.
The NPBD team is a team of software developers responsible for the development of the core, critical software components and systems that underpin Nominet’s Cyber Security solutions.
These solutions are actively employed by Enterprise, ISPs and Governments to protect their networks and users. For more information see: https://www.nominet.uk/dns-cyber/.
- Leading on the delivery of turing’s backend functionality, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering user/stakeholder requirments/feedback.
- Designing efficient, simple, high performance, thread safe APIs for use by our front end.
- Troubleshooting complex performance issues.
- Ensuring all code is thoroughly tested.
- Working with the project steering committees to ensure project gateways are met and that stakeholder requirements are delivered.
- Building relationships with employees/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for Nominet’s customers.
- Director of Cyber Security.
- Technical Lead.
- Head of Product Delivery (NPBD).
Key result areas
- Delivery of next generation APIs/backend components which can be used as a basis for ongoing project delivery as part of the turing product roadmap.
- Collaborative, productive working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Highly capable Java 8 developer.
- Hands on experience of threading and Java concurrency libraries is a must.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL.
- Hands on experience with Spring and Hibernate/JPA/JDBC.
- Advocate of software that is thoroughly tested.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with version control e.g. git.
- Vision, drive and passion: someone who’s prepared to roll up their sleeves get the job done.
- Any knowledge of the DNS, TCP/UDP, and the Cyber Security industry would be considered highly advantageous.