Product Development Lead
What does the Product Development Team Lead do?
You will be a crucial part of our Cyber Security team to bring to life our roadmap and solve our customers business challenges. A passionate team player and manager who flourishes on delivering challenging projects in a dynamic environment.
Collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, you will be accountable for the design, planning, execution and delivery of the software releases that enhance Nominet’s ground-breaking DNS Analytics and Threat Intelligence Platform: NTX. Nominet’s solutions are actively employed by Enterprise, ISPs and Governments to protect their networks and users.
You will take ownership of technical development and deliverables within projects to ensure the highest quality of service for Nominet’s customers.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that our roadmap commitments are delivered on time, to spec and with quality. As such this is a highly visible and critical role for the success of the Cyber Security business unit.
What we expect from the Product Development Lead
- Translate high level business requirements into workable designs for the Developer team to deliver against.
- Deliver the Cyber Products roadmap in line with product requirements and project timelines and expectations
- You will work with the Product Delivery Manager and project steering committees to take action and ensure project gateways success and requirements delivered
- Capture user/stakeholder requirements/feedback.
- Convert designs into tickets in the product backlog with accurate estimates of effort.
- Design efficient, simple, high performance, thread safe APIs
- Troubleshoot complex performance issues.
- Ensuring all code is thoroughly tested and delivered on time.
- Actively unblock issues faced by the team during Sprint execution and expertly lead to ensure you provide clarity for the team
- Be an inspirational manager and mentor to the team ensuring high performance and delivery across the team
The skills, experience and behaviours you bring...
- Proven experience in product development - design, planning and delivery of new product software components in a timely manner using Agile methodology.
- Significant Java developer experience.
- Thorough understanding of threading and Java concurrency libraries, Spring and Hibernate/JPA/JDBC.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL.
- Highly proficient with version control e.g. git. Bitbucket, jira, wiki
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Maintain a keen interest in modern development practices.
- Experience of leading a small team highly desirable.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.