Every digital leap forward we make is fuelled by all kinds of can-do. Finance, legal and HR. Operations, customer services and project management. Experts who keep our pencils sharp and rockets firing. Bright, passionate people full of ideas. We encourage them all, as we power a vibrant digital future together. We are a rapidly growing business and use our expertise running and protecting critical internet infrastructure to tackle cyber threats and build tomorrow’s digital infrastructure. We have been entrusted with running the .UK domain name registry for over 20 years, and millions of people and organisations around the globe depend on our services to stay connected and secure.
What does a Project Manager do?
Our Project Managers are plate-spinners, managing a broad variety of complex projects at a time, often across various areas of our business. You liaise with customers and other departments to facilitate successful project delivery. You’re here to make a success of every project and manage it to the highest level, start to finish.
What we ask of a Project Manager
- Support project executives/ sponsors in their roles.
- Manage projects across operational teams and often with a cross company impact.
- Provide project updates and highlight reports as required.
- Ensure project actions are completed, issues resolved and decisions agreed in a timely way.
- Work with colleagues to devise project plans and schedules and determine the critical path.
- Devise detailed project specifications to agreed standards.
- Ensure that any technical project deliverables meet the business needs.
- Analyse and interpret information, both written and numeric and produce reports (i.e. tell us what is really going on).
- Identify, record, manage and track project risks and issues (i.e. think ahead).
- Work with project sponsors to put in place appropriate project governance and determine project roles and responsibilities.
- Track project resource requirements and identify any issues associated with resource availability.
- Manage and liaise with third party suppliers as required.
- Write documentation and customer facing communications.
- Work with the quality assurance team to draw up training and testing plans, co-ordinate and run training and testing as required.
- Provide presentations and occasional training within the company on project progress and new developments.
The skills and experience you bring…
- Likely to be PRINCE2 and Agile trained and/ or have good project management experience.
- Experience of business process mapping.
- Good communication skills. Good at listening, explaining things and group discussions.
- Good with customers. Good at building relationships and getting on with people.
- An ability to produce easily readable and well-structured text.
- Skilled in analysing and interpreting written and numerical information.
- Use of standard desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Project & Visio).
- Ability to multi-task and juggle lots of strands of work with differing priorities.
- Experience of many different ways of working and dealing with many different types of people.
- Experience of managing technical / infrastructure projects would be extremely desirable.