Senior Analyst Developer (Software Developer)
Nominet are seeking senior Java developer with a deep understanding of the Java language and APIs and experience designing systems and system architecture.
This person would work as part of the Operational Applications team to design, develop, release and maintain our software and systems architecture, enabling the highest possible quality of services for Nominet’s systems.
The Operational Applications team is a team of software developers responsible for the operation and the development of the core and critical software systems that enable the dot uk registry.
- Lead requirements capture, analysis, design, implementation and production release of complex bespoke changes
- Confidently manage unknowns and provide clarity for other members of the team
- Manage expectations throughout development with key stakeholders
- Drive improvements on our systems design and architecture using best-practices
- Take ownership of the operation and development of certain software components and business functions ensuring a high quality service that meets business requirements
- Become an authority and go-to person on areas of the business software
- Manage releases
- Manipulate data, diagnose and fix newly encountered production issues
- Develop and deliver documentation that will help others through the development process.
- Develop relationships with people across the Nominet business and use these relationships throughout your work
- Be a good team player and able to work with different people across departments and levels
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
Key results / Outputs and deliverables
- Deliver in compliance with ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 22301 and PCI.
- Delivering high quality tested software in a timely manner
- Keep an up to date expert knowledge of Java and supporting technologies
Professional skills, background and profile
- Spring, Hibernate/ORM frameworks
- Unit testing, automated build and testing
- Source code control systems (Git, SVN)
- Oracle RDBMS
- Release management
- Code profilers, checkers and optimisers
- Any knowledge of the following is highly desirable:
- Oracle PLSQL
- Knowledge of database programming including SQL and large RDBMS
- An ability to produce documentation that is well-structured and well-written.
- To be conscious of the requirement for on-going security and to apply it as appropriate
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work independently and effectively within Nominet’s environment
- Able to work with little guidance using a good understanding of Operational Applications processes to make changes that are met with approval from peers
- This role would suit an experienced software developer with a can-do attitude, looking to develop into a challenging role.
- The ideal candidate would enjoy the challenge of developing software systems that are already fairly robust to a high quality.
- The right person would be happy understanding others’ challenges and obstacles when looking at the best way of ensuring quality of software output from the Technical team.
You will also:
- Have a definite attention to detail and planning
- Be driven to learn, develop and deliver
- Have a creative and tenacious approach to problem solving
- Have a can-do attitude and be excited by new technology, willing to pick up and work with any system no matter how unfamiliar