Senior Project Manager
To manage multiple complex concurrent projects / work streams across the business and liaise with customers and other departments to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Support Project Executives/Sponsors in their roles
- Manage projects across operational teams and often with a cross company impact
- Provide project updates and highlight reports as required
- Ensure project actions are completed, issues resolved and decisions agreed in a timely way
- Work with colleagues to devise project plans and schedules and determine the critical path (i.e. who must do what by when in order to get the job done)
- Devise detailed project specifications to agreed standards
- Analyse and interpret information, both written and numeric and produce reports (i.e. tell us what is really going on)
- Identify, record, manage and track project risks and issues (i.e. think ahead)
- Work with project sponsors to put in place appropriate project governance and determine project roles and responsibilities
- Track project resource requirements and identify any issues associated with resource availability
- Manage and liaise with third party suppliers as required
- Write documentation and text that customers see (e.g. text for screens, letters or announcements)
- Work with the testing team to draw up training and testing plans, co-ordinate and run training and testing as required
- Provide presentations and occasional training within the company on project progress and new developments
- Think laterally and bring imagination and creativity to how we work.
- Look outside Nominet for ideas and innovations and identify ways for us to improve project delivery.
- Research and monitor external developments that impact on projects.
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’ and communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to get buy in across the business.
- Able to influence at all levels across the business.
- Recognises areas within the department where support is required and offers assistance.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships built on an understanding of others’ needs and expectations.
- Committed to excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated, requiring the minimum management supervision.
- Appreciates care needed when working in a highly public arena.
- Attention to detail and planning with strong completer/finisher approach.
- Driven to learn, develop and deliver.
- Creative and tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Excited by new technology, willing to pick up and work with any system no matter how unfamiliar.
- Excellent at absorbing and learning new things.
- Delivers high quality work at short notice and to tight deadlines.
Key Results/Outputs and Deliverables
- Successful delivery of key projects and programmes.
- Best practice project management techniques.
Professional Skills, Background and Profile
- Likely to be PRINCE2 and Agile trained and / or to have extensive project management experience.
- Experience of business process mapping
- Good communication skills. Good at listening, explaining things and group discussions
- Good with customers. Good at building relationships and getting on with people
- Experience of communicating and influencing at all levels in an organisation
- An ability to produce easily readable and well structured text.
- Skilled in analysing and interpreting written and numerical information.
- Use of standard desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Project & Visio)
- Ability to multi-task and juggle lots of strands of work with differing priorities
- Experience of different ways of working and dealing with various stakeholders.
- Experience of managing technical / infrastructure projects would be extremely desirable.