SEO Marketing Lead
Working in collaboration with the Head of Marketing, Planning, Insights and Analysis, the SEO Marketing Lead will be expected to drive and execute the company’s website and SEM strategy and will be responsible for proactively leading the tracking and analysis of all digital marketing activity.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining best in class search engine optimisation (SEO) and conversion rate optimisation (CRO) practices that increase traffic and increase conversions
• Create, manage and drive the Nominet SEO strategy.
• Work with teams across the company to ensure Nominets various websites are appropriately optimised, including identifying areas of business importance/priority, target audiences, developing keywords (using tools such as SEMrush & Google Keyword Planner) and following technical SEO best practices.
• Work with the Content Team to produce and optimise digital content to complement SEO strategy.
• Work with the Paid Search PPC Executive to deliver paid search and display campaigns that support SEM strategy.
• Be the bridge between the Marketing team and Web Development team to ensure Nominet’s web and SEM strategy is comprehensive and implemented with speed and agility.
• Responsible for monitoring and updating website content using the CMS (WordPress) and working with content owners across the business and the Content Team to ensure content is high quality, up-to-date, and optimised.
• Proactively drive digital campaign tracking and reporting. Use specialist knowledge to recommend, implement, and monitor website, email and digital campaign tracking mechanisms and analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager and Moz tools.
• Make recommendations to the marketing team and other stakeholders, using insights gained from analysis and tracking tools (e.g. Hotjar) to improve user experience, digital content and campaign performance.
• Work with the Digital Communications Lead to report on email performance and to improve the impact and effectiveness of all email communications.
• Co-ordinate all activities in line with wider marketing campaigns and initiatives
• Agency management as required with a focus on tracking identified and agreed KPIs.
• Stay up to date with the latest trends, technologies and best practise in digital marketing.
• Work on other ad-hoc projects as required
• Optimise use of web tools (such as WordPress with Yoast SEO plugin, SEMrush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, ahrefs, Hotjar, Google AdWords, Screaming Frog) to provide commercially based and valuable insight into web site engagement within target audiences and to improve agreed KPIs
Key results / Outputs and deliverables
• Successful digital marketing campaigns
• Ongoing improvements to the performance and visibility of internal and external websites
• Provision of digital content and campaign performance metrics and recommendations that are used to inform and improve future activities
Professional skills, background and profile
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrable ability and curiosity to understand and work with new technologies and an Interest in the application of new technology to solve problems and business issues
• Ability to analyse data, apply critical thinking and curious about how things work
• Excellent knowledge of SEO and web analytics best practices
• A proactive, skilled communicator and influencer
• Proven written communication skills
• Professional and credible
• Understand databases and reporting
• Effective organisational and planning skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Good attention to detail
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Preferably degree education, or equivalent
• Interest in IT/technology sector with basic understanding of the Internet industry
• Experienced in using content management systems, preferably including WordPress
• General marketing knowledge
• Presentation Skills
• Innovative and creative
• Good commercial acumen
• Work well to tight deadlines