Service Delivery Manager - Cyber Security
Nominet Cyber Security - keeping people secure, safeguarding their businesses, their reputations, their lives – takes intellect, insight and intuition. Honed to the nth degree. Tech tamers and cyber gurus who live in the future, strike at pace, and put themselves in the shoes of friend and foe – how else can you kill a threat before it happens?
As a member of the Customer Success team, you will be working with an enthusiastic and dedicated team who are responsible for the successful onboarding, relationship management and ongoing support of Nominet Cybersecurity Customers and Partners.
What does a Service Delivery Manager do?
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of the Nominet Cyber Security services to global government organisations.
You will act as a link between the customer and the business - focused on ensuring the continued success of the Nominet Cyber Security Service, securing ongoing renewals and collaborating with sales and account management teams to secure additional revenue.
Leveraging your excellent relationship building skills you will build strong partnerships with colleagues, customers and partners. This will allow you to influence the internal Nominet teams and manage the customers' expectations with a balanced approach.
Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer experience, continued observance to service levels, key performance indicators, and driving the ongoing improvement of the service and its underlying process and procedures.
What we expect of a Service Delivery Manager
- Manage the relationship between the business and customer – managing customer and partners expectations as required
- Be a customer advocate within the business, proactively seek and record meaningful feedback to recommend improvements to the overall Service and underlying business processes
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure we are streamlining internal and external processes – providing the best service possible
- Become a trusted advisor on the technical development of the Nominet Cyber Security service platforms communicating effectively across the company
- Use data to plot trends that provide insight and evidence of how our service is performing in a useful format for clients
- Identify potential problems before they impact service levels and seek out innovative solutions to any issues
- Co-ordinate additional resource as needed to help resolve issues, and manage any upward escalations, influencing upstream as necessary
- Be accountable for ensuring any operational and business issues surrounding service delivery are managed, and escalated when necessary
- Responsible for creating or advocating policies and procedures that optimize the customer experience
- Ensure management reports are produced in accordance with targets, including regular Service Reports fit for regular Service Reviews
- Arrange and chair customer service review meetings with - resolving issues with the help of the expanded Nominet team
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve critical situations
- Provide expert customer insight to Product Management, Marketing and Sales on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
The skills, experience and behaviours you bring
- Previous experience as a Customer Success Manager, Technical Account Manager or Service delivery manager with external customers
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to all levels
- Proven experience of managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and KPIs – and driving teams to succeed.
- Managing escalations across the business driving cross-functional teams to resolve issues as quickly as possible – removing any roadblocks
- Management of strategic customers and partners - setting expectations with experience of delivering negative communication in a positive manner
- Ability to absorb technical information from technical teams, translate this and present it confidently to customers – even if you do not fully understand the technical details
- Ability to build credibility and trust by actively listening and understanding customer requirements and addressing their needs
- Capture customer requirements and feed these into product management and engineering as a clear customer story – assisting these teams in prioritising these requirements
- Management of teams in a matrix environment – driving all teams across the business to provide the best customer service possible, making sure they can understand the urgency required and issues are resolved quickly.
- The ability to juggle and multitask across lots of strands of work with varying priorities.
- Designing, producing and running customer reports on key service metrics and service levels.