Software Development Engineer in Test
Keeping people secure, safeguarding their businesses, their reputations, their lives – takes intellect, insight and intuition. Honed to the nth degree. Tech tamers and cyber gurus who live in the future, strike at pace, and put themselves in the shoes of friend and foe – how else can you kill a threat before it happens?
Right now we are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for our growing Cyber Solutions business.
What does a SDET do?
If you are a quality focused software engineer who thrives on building automation frameworks and driving high quality agile development practices into a team, then this is the role for you!
We need an engineer to take the current automation and enhance the tooling and tests to help the team build some of the most innovative cyber security products on the market. If you relish solving problems and are able to help set up test automation and cross-train others in the organisation, this is the role for you.
What we expect from a SDET
- Own the test infrastructure and drive improvements and enhancements to meet the teams needs
- Own and Manage the automation backlog and work with the team to deliver high-quality, resilient and performant test cases
- Produce high quality automation
- Drive the adoption of automation tooling and code analysis tool
- Engage with the business to understand tools and techniques in use
- Cross-train the Cyber team and wider business on effective test automation
- Effective reporting on test results, coverage and quality using measure and metrics
- Effective coaching and mentoring of engineers on test automation
- Providing Cost/Benefit analysis of automated test cases
- Developing and refining automated test cases
The skills and experience you bring
- Experience of Selenium web-driver
- Architecture and design skill for automation frameworks and tools
- Ability to convert manual test cases into Automation
- Knowledge of the Cyber Security Market or Strong networking technology skills
- Strong influencing and inter-personal communication skills
- Detail oriented approach with methodical and organised approach
- Experience of working embedded in an Agile development team