Stakeholder Engagement Manager
The government’s Digital Strategy recognises that for the UK to be a world-leading digital economy that works for everyone, it is crucial that everyone has the digital skills they need to fully participate in society. The strategy involves strong collaboration between the public, private and third sectors to tackle digital skills and inclusion. As a result, Nominet is supporting this national agenda through its Public Benefit commitment and is represented on the Digital Skills Partnership Board by Eleanor Bradley, COO.
The role will be based 3 days at the DMS office and the other 2 days in our London office at Paddington
- Manage projects across members, partners and government often with a national impact.
- Support the Co-Chairs of the National Coherence Group in their roles.
- Work with the Co-Chairs to put in place appropriate project governance and determine project roles and responsibilities.
- Work with members and key stakeholders to devise project plans and schedules and determine the critical path.
- Analyse and interpret information, both written and numeric and produce reports and updates.
- Write documentation and public facing communications.
- Provide project updates and highlight reports as required.
- Ensure project actions are completed, issues resolved and decisions agreed in a timely way.
- Devise detailed project specifications to agreed standards.
- Identify, record, manage and track project risks and issues (i.e. think ahead).
- Track project resource requirements and identify any issues associated with resource availability.
- Manage and liaise with third party suppliers as required.
- Conducting user research
- Works effectively and communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to get buy in across the National Coherence Group and its sub-groups.
- Able to influence at all levels across the Group.
- Recognises areas within the Group where support is required and offers assistance.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships built on an understanding of others’ needs and expectations.
- Self-motivated, requiring the minimum management supervision.
- Appreciates care needed when working in a highly public arena.
- A definite attention to detail and planning with strong completer/finisher approach.
- Driven to learn, develop and deliver.
- Bring a creative and tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Excited by Digital skills and inclusion agenda.
- Excellent at absorbing and learning new things.
- Delivers high quality work at short notice and to tight deadlines.
Key Results / Outputs and Deliverables
- Successful delivery of key projects.
Professional Skills, Background and Profile
- Likely to be PRINCE2 and/or Agile trained and/or to have good project management experience.
- Experience of process mapping.
- Good communication skills. Good at listening, explaining things and group discussions.
- Good with external stakeholders. Good at building relationships and getting on with people.
- An ability to produce easily readable and well structured text.
- Skilled in analysing and interpreting written and numerical information.
- Use of standard desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Project & Visio).
- Ability to multi-task and juggle lots of strands of work with differing priorities proactively.
- Experience of many different ways of working and dealing with many different types of people.
- Experience of managing technical / infrastructure projects would be extremely desirable.