What does a Systems Administrator do?
Part of a small, high performing team, you will be responsible for supporting and managing the on-premise, hybrid and cloud IT Infrastructure services and systems for Nominet and its customers.
You will enjoy the challenge of understanding the diversity of skills and technologies needed to deliver this service to the business. You will want to develop excellent relationships across the business and will enjoy meeting and understanding the technical and business challenges faced by other teams.
This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to a wide range of technologies that underpins the critical national infrastructure for the UK registry services.
What we expect from a Systems Administrator?
- Proactively understand and manage both the hardware and software to provide excellent technical support
- Work with the wider infrastructure team to deliver infrastructure projects in line with the technical roadmap across multiple technologies and platforms
- Management of Infrastructure to provide high quality support
- Support project activity and balance this with support and administrative tasks
- Mange datacentre visits, audits, server install and removal
- Server builds/decomission
- Build tools/scripts and support previously developed tools and improve automation
- Provide support dealing with incidents, daily checks, upgrades, changes, backups & monitoring
- Understand and improve/support monitoring infrastructure
- Work within an ITIL/ISO 20000 framework to preserve vital production services and produce appropriate documentation
- Work to Service Level Agreements to manage uptime and performance of both systems and services
The skills, experience and behaviours you bring...
- Experience working in System Administration or Dev ops role and in particular proven experience of:
- Working within service level agreements
- Delivering infrastructure projects
- Understanding of a broad range of infrastructure technologies
Good knowledge and experience of:
- Linux – Redhat RHEL6 & 7
- Ansible & Terraform
- HP/3PAR SAN
The following experience is desirable but not essential:
- Service Now administration
- Zabbix configuration