Imagine working for one of the internet’s biggest and most influential names; for a company built on innovation, collaboration and social responsibility. You’ve just imagined working for Nominet.
As Technical Team Administrator you will use your excellent communication and time management skills to support the Project Management and IT Operations departments with a range of administrative tasks.
This is a really varied role with lots of opportunity to learn new skills and with the longer term potential to develop further within the project management team.
IT Operations responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the IT Operations department, including license support/renewal preparation (e.g BT & Vodaphone), contract administration and the creation of reports
- Collate materials and maintain documents for the ISO20000 audit
- Manage the asset management database on a daily basis ensuring it is accurate and up to date
- Support IT Operations with calendar management on a daily basis
- Manage the administration for routine payments and document payment information to assist with budget planning
Project Management responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Project Management Team, including the preparation of slides, spreadsheets and reports
- Responsible for arranging induction activities and meetings for new starters
- Assist with the scheduling of internal meetings, room bookings and organise meetings/calls with stakeholders as required.
- Maintain the Project Management Sharepoint sites ensuring they are accurate
- Responsible for minute taking at the Project Management team meetings
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
- Delivers high quality work at short notice and to tight deadlines
Key Results / Outputs and Deliverables:
- Support to the Technical department as required to facilitate the smooth running of its administrative functions.
- Professional production and management of documentation and data as required
Professional Skills, Background and Profile:
- Previous administration experience, ideally in an IT/technical organisation
- Excellent communication skills (telephone, email, written and face to face)
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience of Microsoft Sharepoint would be desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of managing databases, ideally with similar experience to help with the management of purchase/audit of software support services, software licences and asset tracking
- Exceptional people skills.
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business