General Description of role
The Technology Analyst will identify and evaluate new technology-led opportunities to add value to Nominet for the Emerging Technology department to further investigate. The role will look to identify potential partners, investments, products and services that will benefit Nominet in all areas of its business
- Be the ‘go to’ person for identifying and evaluating new technologies and opportunities for the Emerging Technology team to explore.
- Work alongside Finance to identify and assist with formal technical due diligence of potential acquisitions targets for Nominet
- Be an authority on market and competitor analysis within the technology space relevant to Nominet.
- Track and evaluate emerging and existing technology trends including tools, products, protocols and standards.
- Proactively record and disseminate relevant knowledge, results, ideas and other information to the Emerging Technology team.
- Own the creation of research plans in order to deliver a body of research or development work to suit a specific goal.
- Identify and research the potential for new services derived from new technologies.
- Prepare white papers, technology-positioning papers for both internal and external audiences with a mixed level of technology knowledge
- Works effectively as part of the Company, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
Key results / Outputs and deliverables
- Technology market reports and forecasts
- Vendor profiles and competitor analysis
- Deep dive technical evaluations of new technology and vendors
Professional skills, background and profile
- Excellent academic background including a strong degree (MSc/or equivalent) in a computing-related or other numerate subject such as Computer Science, IT, Physics or Maths.
- Experience in a technology market analysis, technology strategy or M&A role.
- Market analysis; ability to understand and interpret technology market trends
- Competitor analysis; ability analyse companies and markets and understand the competitive threat or opportunity a company and its products represent to Nominet and its strategic direction.
- A strong interest and enthusiasm in information-technology and emerging technologies
- High standards of written communication, able to write structured well-written reports on a diverse range of technology topics.
- Ability to produce well structured business cases for new product proposals.
- Good verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to explain and describe complex ideas in plain English.
- An organised and disciplined approach to work - Flexible with ability to thrive on tight deadlines