Web Developer - Cyber
As a Web Developer working in the New Product and Business Development team you will be a passionate team player that likes to deliver challenging work to aggressive timescales. You will work closely with other developers in the team but lead on the development of innovative data intensive user interfaces for product APIs that visualize complex data sets in an intuitive manner.
- Development and maintenance of new Nominet products e.g. Active Defence.
- Implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant code (that leverages frameworks where possible) in an agile working environment.
- Advising the Tech Lead and customer facing individuals in order to prototype, develop and test new web-based initiatives that showcase or enhance the features/capabilities of Nominet’s products.
- Delivering high quality support to Nominet’s customers.
- Working on a breadth of web technologies whilst ensuring a coherent, high-performing platform.
- Investigating and engaging with new web-based trends, technologies, packages and libraries.
- Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
- Tech Lead + New Product and Business Development Team
- Web Team
- R&D Team
- Wider IT department
- Key Nominet staff
Key result areas
- High level of service delivered based on internal feedback and features implemented as part of product roadmaps.
- On time and on budget project delivery.
- Collaborative, productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of Observables and RxJS within Angular.
- Candidate will be expected to demonstrate knowledge across the whole Angular Platform (except Universal) including security considerations to prevent unauthorised access.
- Knowledge of latest Angular releases (currently 5.2.x) and use of Angular CLI for building.
- Understanding of Apache especially configuration and security requirments.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Git.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting cross browser issues/solutions, and supporting and maintaining code developed by 3rd parties.
- A passion for writing clean, reliable, thoroughly tested, maintainable code.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills.
- Vision, drive and passion: someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
- Any knowledge of High Charts, Java, AWS, Docker and SQL is desirable but not essential.