Web Development Lead
Imagine working for one of the internet’s biggest and most influential names; for a company built on innovation, collaboration and social responsibility. You’ve just imagined working for Nominet.
You will lead website design and development within the IT Operations department and manage a small team to ensure Nominet’s web presence is industry-leading.
Using your expert knowledge of web design, vast experience working with various CMS', and proven web development skills, you will own and deliver the look and feel of our web-based software, alongside coding the apps themselves.
- Take ownership over the development of all Nominet-run websites.
- Manage a newly created web development team, being an inspirational manager and mentor for less experienced developers while maintaining a hands-on approach to development.
- Take the lead on web design on websites and other user interfaces across Nominet’s software stack.
- Be an active member of the wider Front-end and E-Commerce development team.
- Maintain excellent standards across the code base.
- Monitor the technology platform closely, ensuring that obsolete libraries are deprecated and new opportunities are adopted where appropriate.
- Liaise with the wider business and stakeholders, prioritising work from across the company and managing expectations.
- Work with marketing and branding agencies where appropriate, ensuring any out-sourced work meets the quality and rigor the business expects, along with transitioning deliverables in-house.
- See the Big Picture
- Stay Connected
- Make the Right Call
- Be at your Best
- Give Your All
Key results/ Outputs and deliverables:
- Take the lead in Wordpress development across the business.
- Personally design new websites and user interfaces of products.
- Manage a small team and use your inter-personal skills to achieve success.
- Contribute towards projects within the wider Front-end and E-Commerce team.
Professional skills, background and profile:
- Excellent web design skills, with a proven history of designing and building websites and web applications. You will be an expert user of graphical software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch.
- Profound knowledge of building good user experiences (UX) in web applications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Maintain a keen interest in modern web-development practices.
- Experience leading a small team highly desirable.